Keep me in the loop on interesting news from ART LOFT!
Sign up with us and receive a special promocode for 10% off your first order!
The past and the future is fused together just like the vehicle for inspiration and expression of the self is forever intertwined through mediums like poetry, music, art and film. This mutual inspiring and expressing of the creative self holds the key to the future.
Fabulous Flowra1 is the first of my series on the abstraction of flowers. I wanted to expand on the idea of growth, the strength needed for survival and also the delicate nature and beauty of life. Flowers, metaphorically represent all of that.
Potentiality, Growth, Strength, Beauty, Hope & Death. To meditate on the life of a flower is to meditate on life.
The play on the word Floral and Flowra is double layered. It intends to symbolise an abstraction of flowers but also at the same time it represents the technique I use which requires a great deal of “flow” from the movement of my hands and body, air and inspiration to keep the work looking fluid and natural.
Acrylic on canvas
This artwork will come rolled
- Size: W 100.0 cm x H 140.0 cm
- Medium: Painting
ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Mia Farizza (Malaysian, b. Malaysia, 1975) is a self-taught artist. In 2008, she started to pursue a career in the arts after a successful career in advertising.
- Mia's seductive exploration of explosive colours are often romantic and sensuous. She tends to favour emotional abstractions of the fantastical and ethereal.The dream-like abstract universe she birth forth are feasts of colours reminiscent of underwater oceanscapes, verdant jungles, wild-flower gardens or celestial worlds with mythical creatures peeking through.
- Her distinctive style is uniquely hers and she creates only one-off works of art. The spontaneity of her process lends an organic quality to all her work. Exact reproduction of a piece is an impossible feat even by the artist herself.
- Mia's brand of art upon closer inspection is a study of natural elements. The fluidity of her paint-trails mimic the movement of water and air. She compose and mixes her colour palette directly on the canvas onto a background of various oceanic, earthy or celestial landscapes. A pinch of Chaos thrown in with sumptuous Magic.
- Mia's art can be found in public and private collections from everywhere around the globe, from Asia Pacific to Europe and America.
- For more info, visit www.miafarizza.com
- Follow her adventures in life and art!
- Instagram: miafarizza
- Facebook Page: artistmiafarizza View Profile »