Keep me in the loop on interesting news from ART LOFT!
Sign up with us and receive a special promocode for 10% off your first order!
When I started work on the first piece of this collection, I’ve just recovered from a major surgery. I missed painting so much because I had to rest for about 8 months to a year. By the time I could start painting again, I was delirious with joy and anticipation.
The vibrant colour scheme was in part, inspired by the magical island of Langkawi where I spend some of my time recuperating. I also spend a lot of time being in nature which is why some parts of the collection is slightly darker and filled with forest-like ferns.
“Splendour Island and Forest Fern” contains the element of well-being and freedom that came from this period of forced rest. I was forced to sit back and remember why I quit my full-time job to paint and be an artist. It brought me back to where I first started. I wanted to paint because I love to create. I wanted to live a creative life and a life where I prioritise happiness and fulfilment in whatever form.
This collection reflects my new found sense of balance and alignment with a joy filled life. I wanted to produce a collection that will inspire and most of all, “infect” everyone with happiness.
- Size: W 200.0 cm x H 80.0 cm
- Medium: Painting
ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Mia Farizza (Malaysian, b. Malaysia, 1975) is a self-taught artist. In 2008, she started to pursue a career in the arts after a successful career in advertising.
- Mia's seductive exploration of explosive colours are often romantic and sensuous. She tends to favour emotional abstractions of the fantastical and ethereal.The dream-like abstract universe she birth forth are feasts of colours reminiscent of underwater oceanscapes, verdant jungles, wild-flower gardens or celestial worlds with mythical creatures peeking through.
- Her distinctive style is uniquely hers and she creates only one-off works of art. The spontaneity of her process lends an organic quality to all her work. Exact reproduction of a piece is an impossible feat even by the artist herself.
- Mia's brand of art upon closer inspection is a study of natural elements. The fluidity of her paint-trails mimic the movement of water and air. She compose and mixes her colour palette directly on the canvas onto a background of various oceanic, earthy or celestial landscapes. A pinch of Chaos thrown in with sumptuous Magic.
- Mia's art can be found in public and private collections from everywhere around the globe, from Asia Pacific to Europe and America.
- For more info, visit www.miafarizza.com
- Follow her adventures in life and art!
- Instagram: miafarizza
- Facebook Page: artistmiafarizza View Profile »