Keep me in the loop on interesting news from ART LOFT!
Sign up with us and receive a special promocode for 10% off your first order!
The vehicle for expression of feelings can be anything from poetry, music and art. In my case, I have a special attraction for colours and design. In my work, my feelings transforms itself into natural structures and forms and the colours gives away the secret nature of the emotions.
I’ve always been drawn to the spontaneous. Whether in art or life. You can see this expressed in my work through my interest in the organic form and the fluid nature of my movement. I maintain control only to a certain extent because that’s the only way I can study the uncontrollable movement of paint and water on canvas which mimics the natural world.
I am intrigued by the design (or non-design) of chaos and apparent randomness that seems to pervade Nature. Yet studies into Nature and the Universe show a certain natural order to everything that exists.
In my work, chaos and randomness is key to producing works of art that holds layers of meaning through spontaneous composition, apparent forethought and fluid movement.
In chaos lies the magic.
- Size: W 30.0 cm x H 80.0 cm
- Medium: Painting
ABOUT THE ARTIST
- Mia Farizza (Malaysian, b. Malaysia, 1975) is a self-taught artist. In 2008, she started to pursue a career in the arts after a successful career in advertising.
- Mia's seductive exploration of explosive colours are often romantic and sensuous. She tends to favour emotional abstractions of the fantastical and ethereal.The dream-like abstract universe she birth forth are feasts of colours reminiscent of underwater oceanscapes, verdant jungles, wild-flower gardens or celestial worlds with mythical creatures peeking through.
- Her distinctive style is uniquely hers and she creates only one-off works of art. The spontaneity of her process lends an organic quality to all her work. Exact reproduction of a piece is an impossible feat even by the artist herself.
- Mia's brand of art upon closer inspection is a study of natural elements. The fluidity of her paint-trails mimic the movement of water and air. She compose and mixes her colour palette directly on the canvas onto a background of various oceanic, earthy or celestial landscapes. A pinch of Chaos thrown in with sumptuous Magic.
- Mia's art can be found in public and private collections from everywhere around the globe, from Asia Pacific to Europe and America.
- For more info, visit www.miafarizza.com
- Follow her adventures in life and art!
- Instagram: miafarizza
- Facebook Page: artistmiafarizza View Profile »